SIGNTEXT Copying Sentences into Microsoft Word

Mon Feb 20 16:54:11 UTC 2006

SignWriting List
February 20, 2006

Hello Everyone!
This is very encouraging, to see how many people are using the new
SignText:

SignText
http://www.SignBank.org/signpuddle/index.html#SignTextEditor

Steve is now improving the design of the software, so there are good
days to come...

In time (and I have no idea how hard this is to program), I hope we
will be able to transport complete sentences with all the formatting
into other programs like MircroSoft Word, by being able to export the
entire sentence as one big graphic file...like a png of the entire
sentence or document.

But until such a feature is available, you can create a screen
capture of the sentence, and create the graphic yourself, in a paint
or graphics program like Photoshop.

Once you have the whole sentence as a GIF or JPEG or PNG, you can
then place the graphic in Microsoft Word or any other program.

So for now, you can drag and drop individual symbols or signs
directly from SignText, but for sentences, you can use screen
captures to capture the whole sentence...

Do you know how to create a screen capture on your computer, Erika?
If not, I am happy to discuss that, so write again and tell us what
operating system you are using, like Windows? or Mac?...

And do you know the term Drag and Drop? You told me that computers
are new for you, so I understand completely and we are happy to
help...so write with questions...

Val ;-)