sequential order

Stuart Thiessen thiessenstuart at GMAIL.COM
Tue Jan 10 16:38:12 UTC 2006

Well, I understand the need to express the positions twice to show
that the second contact and handshape are still in the same position.
However, I think it takes up too much extra space (a personal
opinion). I would prefer to have some kind of symbol that goes with
the contact symbol that could indicate that the contact
symbol/location is shared with all the hand shapes. A spelling rule
could indicate what handshapes are associated with it or something. Or
I suppose one could use #3 but omit the second touch symbol?

For the moment, I cannot think of an exception where we would have
three handshapes contacting the same location. What about other sign
languages ... do you have examples of three or more contacts in the
same location with the same contact, but different handshape?

Thanks,

Stuart