SLOVENIA Welcome new member!

Matjaž Juhart ist at ZVEZA-GNS.SI
Mon Jan 16 08:09:06 UTC 2006

Hello again,

Thanky you for accepting me to your list.

1. i don't know much aboutczech or polish sign language. All i can tell you is that from 2002 slovenia has a special law on sign language, and with this law sign language is equal to aour spoken language, deaf people can use it anywhere and the goverment pays for the interpreter. I worked on that law and i worked on establishing teh school for interpreters. I also worked with writting the curriculum for sign language clases. And now with my new work in the national deaf association i work in the field of developing the sign language for the purpuse of education and so forth.

2. i willhave to learn more about  slovnian signpuddle...

All the best to all of you

Matjaž-slovenia

-----Original Message-----
From: owner-sw-l at majordomo.valenciacc.edu [mailto:owner-sw-l at majordomo.valenciacc.edu] On Behalf Of Valerie Sutton
Sent: Friday, January 13, 2006 5:31 PM
To: sw-l at majordomo.valenciacc.edu
Subject: [sw-l] SLOVENIA Welcome new member!

SignWriting List
January 13, 2006

Dear SW List Members!
I am happy to tell you that our first member from Slovenia is now on the SignWriting List, Matjaz...Welcome Matjaz! I hope you will tell us a little about your work, when you feel ready...

I have two questions...

1. Is Slovenian Sign Language, in any way similar to Czech Sign Language or Polish Sign Language? Have the countries had influence on each other's signed languages, like sharing teachers or sharing Deaf events? Just curious!

2. Steve - Do you have time to create a new Slovenian SignPuddle for us? The country code for Slovenia is SI, so the SignPuddle will be:
sgn-SI

I am still posting all the country SignBanks for download..then lessons will begin in earnest..sorry for the delay!