SLOVENIA Welcome new member!

Tue Jan 17 03:34:26 UTC 2006

SignWriting List
January 16, 2006

Hello Matjaz...
I remember you asked me these questions before...

Matjaž Juhart wrote:
> i am looking forward to this new knowledge, because we will start
> with new project on sign language research and i feel this will
> help. of course i am totaly new in this so i will be more active in
> learning and less active in asking questions.
>
> 1. will you have any seminars or meetings in practical learning

There are several ways to learn SignWriting...One way is to learn on
the web. Have you visited these web pages?

SW Lessons Directory
http://www.SignWriting.org/lessons/lessons.html

Course 1: Lessons In SignWriting
http://www.SignWriting.org/lessons/lessonsw/lessonsw.html

Course 2: SignWriting E-Lessons
http://www.SignWriting.org/lessons/elessons/elessons.html

Course 3: Learn To Read ASL in SignWriting
http://www.SignWriting.org/lessons/readasl/readasl.html

Course 4: Writing ASL Grammar In SignWriting
http://www.SignWriting.org/lessons/grammar/grammar.html

Course 5: Learn To Write SignWriting By Hand
http://www.SignWriting.org/lessons/cursive/cursive.html

Course 6: Lessons In Sign Language Transcription
http://www.SignWriting.org/lessons/transcribe/transcribe.html

> 2. will you have any congres on this subject

There was the First European SignWriting Symposium in Brussels,
Belgium in July, 2005:

First European SignWriting Symposium
http://signwriting.org/europe/esws2005/

or you could visit classrooms in Europe that are using SignWriting by
traveling to the schools that use it...We can put you in contact with
teachers who use SignWriting...

> 3. any link to how can i explain the importance of learning sign
> writting and what the knowledge helps to those who are involved in
> sign language research. the reason i need this is to get funding
> for all that

Oh yes! For now, try...

SignWriting Teacher's Forum
...feedback from teachers & students...
http://www.SignWriting.org/forums/teachers/teachers.html

SignWriting Research Forum
...abstracts, papers & published research...
http://www.SignWriting.org/forums/research/research.html

SignWriting Software Forum
...computer programs using SignWriting...
http://www.SignWriting.org/forums/software/software.html

SignWriting Linguistic Forum
...linguistic issues about SignWriting...
http://www.SignWriting.org/forums/linguistics/linguistics.html

and there is also...

Who Uses SignWriting?
http://signwriting.org/about/who/who.html

Questions & Answers
http://signwriting.org/about/questions/questions.html

  History of SignWriting
http://signwriting.org/library/history/index.html

and take a look at SignBank and SignPuddle...

SignBank
http://www.signbank.org/

For starters! smile...

> thany you again for all