New Symbols in the IMWA ready to use in SignPuddle

Mon Jan 2 20:47:40 UTC 2006

SignWriting List
January 2, 2006

Barbara wrote:
> With SignText I've struck a funny problem: Every time I try to unzip
> signtext.zip I always get a ton of errors when it tries to unzip
> the IMWA
> folder. The only possible reasonable hypothesis I've got so far is
> that
> there is a limit on the number of files each folder may contain. In
> the
> signtext.zip the IMWA has 26589 pngs. But winxp's IMWA folder won't
> contain more than 21844 files. After this, it just repeats
> tirelessly that
> it is "impossible to copy or move the file". Am I the only one
> having this
> problem? :-)

Goodness! How annoying for you...

In the old days, when we were on SignWriter DOS only, we had cross
platform problems....we could not run the DOS program on Macs or on
Windows XP...

Most of those problems went away, when we started using SignPuddle,
except for a few new things...like the Refresh Button sometimes
doesn't seem to Refresh for some people...and also compression
software is a problem...I suspect that the enormous amount of small
pngs is just too many to handle for the decompression software in
some computers...so we will need to find a way to split the IMWA
symbol folder into several folders somehow...smile...I am sure a
solution can be found in time...Thanks for your patience...I am glad
you are using SWEdit and I hope that works for you!!

Happy New Year to you too!