sequential order

Tue Jan 10 16:57:09 UTC 2006

SignWriting List
January 10, 2006

Stuart Thiessen wrote:
> I would prefer to have some kind of symbol that goes with
> the contact symbol that could indicate that the contact
> symbol/location is shared with all the hand shapes. A spelling rule
> could indicate what handshapes are associated with it or something. Or
> I suppose one could use #3 but omit the second touch symbol?

Hi Stuart and Everyone!
Yes...I can see your point. This is a funny problem, isn't it? I
think you are right that we need to find an acceptable way to show
this kind of movement, since in ASL, it happens a lot... In ASL there
are some signs that Touch-Touch with the SAME finger, and other signs
that Touch-Touch but with DIFFERENT fingers...ha!  I will think about
that...hmmm

And since this is a Name Sign, the need to keep it simple is
important...

If this were my Name Sign, I think I would choose Number 4, because
it is so compact. Since there is no arrow saying that the hands move
down, we could assume that the sign is in place? I am not sure of
this...that is just me thinking out loud..smile...But your idea about
number 3 is a good one too....Val ;-)