Jack and Jill Title

Mon Jul 10 17:51:38 UTC 2006

CWren at doe.k12.ga.us wrote:
>  I wrote it the way I did because the hands move slightly out and down as
> the forearms rotate...  Your two versions make it look, to me, like the
> hands move inward, ending up closer together than they started...

Hi Cherie -
No ...nothing is moving down or side with the Rotation Arrows you
chose...if you want to move down, then that is a different movement arrow...

To explain...The Rotation Arrows do not show any traveling. They mean
"in one place", so even though they may look like they travel, they do
not. The spoke or line through  the arrow means your forearm...the
forearm stays in one place while the  rotation occurs around it, like an
axis...the forearm is the axis or center of the rotation...

Meanwhile, the beginning position, no matter whether it travels or stays
  in one place, must be at the beginning of the arrow, and the ending
position must be at the end of the arrow...that is the logic behind
beginning and ending positions...both positions do not have to be
written as you know, but if you want them to actually move down
diagonally then I can see why you wrote both positions...

We can discuss other ways to write QUOTE too...

See attached...