I need an arrow

Stuart Thiessen sw at PASSITONSERVICES.ORG
Wed Jun 21 18:23:50 UTC 2006

Strange! I loaded one of Cherie's versions into SignMaker to adapt it
to an alternative I thought of and when it saved, it overwrote Cherie's
mainstream_2. I was intending mainstream_6 and though it would
automatically write it in as #6 when I saved it as mainstream. I'm not
sure why it didn't. (Sorry, Cherie!)

Anyway, I wanted to suggest this alternative in the spelling like in
the attached image. This keeps the handshapes apart. With the ending
position, I don't know if we need athe twist on the arrow since the
change in handshape already indicates that. Also, I think the surface
symbol is useful here to show both hands, but you still know they are
on top of each other. Finally, I sense more of a ending rub than an
ending touch, so I replaced the touch with a rub.  What do you think? I
thought this might help to keep the emphasis of the individual within a
group that the sign is clearly emphasizing.