Handshape Illustrations

eyasu tamene eyasuh at YAHOO.COM
Thu Jun 22 09:54:21 UTC 2006

Dearest Val, Thierry and all

  Thanks for your appreciation.  Stefan and I are on the verge of finishing fonts for the Ethiopian Manual Alphabets(EMA).  It was really very much interesting but hard to accompany the arrows with the handshapes.  It is to remembered that in EMA there are 33 alphabets and each contains 7 forms which can be distinguised by arrows.  Totally they are 231.  We were agreed that Val's support would lead us to perfection.

  Regards
  Eyasu

Valerie Sutton <sutton at signwriting.org> wrote:
  SignWriting List  June 21, 2006

  Thierry in Belgium, and Eyasu and others in Ethiopia -

  Just want you all to know I have not forgotten the request for handshape illustrations...

  and also the work of writing the beautiful handshapes of Ethiopian Sign Language...

  Thank you Eyasu and Stefan for your hard work...it is not forgotten!

  I hope tomorrow I can get to messages about this ;-)

  We have new members on our List from Ethiopia - welcome!!

  Sutton at SignWriting.org

  1. SignWriting
  Read & Write Sign Languages
  http://www.SignWriting.org

  2. SignBank
  Create Sign Language Databases
  http://www.SignBank.org

  3. SignPuddle
  Create Sign Language Dictionaries
  http://www.SignPuddle.org

  4. SignText
  Create Sign Language Documents
  http://www.SignBank.org/signpuddle/signtext

  5. SignWriting List
  Technical Support: Ask questions to the List

  6. DanceWriting
  Read & Write Dance Movement
  http://www.DanceWriting.org

  7. MovementWriting