SW in England & Scotland

Shane Gilchrist O hEorpa shane.gilchrist.oheorpa at GMAIL.COM
Sun Mar 19 13:25:52 UTC 2006

Thierry,

youre our real hero!!! :-)

i'm trying very hard to sell the idea to the Durham people - my work
(hopefully) will work with them on the development of the sign lang
curriculum to be used in the schools (not deaf schools) in the UK and
Ireland - and that SW should be incorporated.

Some did complain that there is not enough representation from
England's deaf community or the sign linguists in the UK - i said i
did encourage them to go but they were very lukewarm - if there ain't
important people backing this, whats the point in going???

Need to get the deaf schools in England & Scotland to use signwriting
i.e. Doncaster, Derby, Edinburgh, Glasgow, Manchester, Bristol,
Exeter, Brighton, St Albans and the two schools in London - but can't
do anything UNTIL I can get someone to illustrate Val Sutton's
excellent SignWriting lessons with BSL signs - they will go phoo phoo
at the ASL pieces.

like you said, its the matter of time

Shane Gilchrist Ó hEorpa
European Sign Writers Organisation