SignWriting Workshop at NAD Conference 2006!

Fri May 19 15:05:40 UTC 2006

SignWriting List
May 19, 2006

Kimberley A. Shaw from Massachusetts wrote:
> Congratulations! I am so glad that SignWriting has this particular
> audience -- I think a lot of people have only encountered "old
> style" SW
> from the '80s ads in the Deaf American magazine, and it will be
> exciting
> to show them what SW has "grown up" to be. Wish I could be there!
> Best, Kim from Boston

Yes, congratulations to Stuart and Philippe...it is really an
important workshop....

Too bad you cannot attend, Kim....

Ha! I forgot about the Deaf American magazine. I assume that is still
in print?...I haven't seen a Deaf American Magazine in years!

Most people from that era remember receiving the SignWriter Newspaper
written in SignWriting by hand:

SignWriter Newspaper History
http://signwriting.org/library/history/hist005.html

and they still think the writing looks like it did in those
newspapers! smile...

Our Deaf team made history with those newspapers...writing articles
for the first time, directly in their own style of signing ...that
was pioneering work...and it laid the groundwork for the way we write
today...