AW: [sw-l] POLAND - sign for ZNACZYC

Sat May 20 08:12:51 UTC 2006

Hi Lucy,

This is an interesting question. The reason why I like to deal with it is -
how exactly do you want to describe the moovement -

any mouthmovements- as seen in the video - needed??

(Since you can hear the voice of a hearing person - you probably would
neglect this aspect - if it comes down to true deaf signing in Poland?? )

Now - looking carefully at the video the man moves is index fingers from the
middle (indexes allmost parallel) far to the right and back far to the left
and back to the position far to the right ...

You want this movement only right - left - ( is that correct?)

I assume that the native signer would accept an easy to follow spelling ;-))

I would write it this way ;-)

I think the movement is performed pretty fast? Therefore the marker for
speed.

Of course this is not what the man in the video is signing - but rather a
try to follow your wish to perform the movement only once.

I am curios - what is the deaf polish signer doing if he/she uses the sign
for "to mean"

The interesting point of this spelling is that I decide to vote for the
"both hand arrow" in order not to get confused with too many arrows.

I would not vote for the curve forward arrows ;-)

Stefan ;-)

  _____