POLAND - sign for ZNACZYC

Lucy lists at ONET.EU
Sun May 21 16:56:19 UTC 2006

> That's fine, Lucy! Glad we could give you some feedback...you know
> the sign better than we do...it is an interesting problem, to have  videos
> that are not quite correct...and even if the video was  correct, as
> foreigners to Polish Sign Language, we cannot be exactly  sure we capture
> what a signer who knows the language feels inside...
>
> I have some exciting news from Norway and Nicaragua coming...
>
> Val ;-)

That video may be correct if Signed Polish is considered, Val. Signed Polish
was developed by hearing people and all the videos available on the web,
whether referring to PJM or Signed Polish, are made by hearing people...

But I'm not interested in Signed Polish...

Some time ago I worked on drawing pictures of PJM signs and I placed the
pics on the web, but since I had no time work on it further, I removed that
website and sent the pics to a professional dictionary service,
http://www.dict.pl/plen. They suggested we'd cooperate on including the
picture PJM dictionary into their dictionary website. And they're working on
it know, and I hope also a link to the Polish SignPuddle will be placed
there, too...  :-)

Lucy