handicapped child - able to listen and understand - unable to speak

Anne-Claude Prélaz Girod acpg at VTXNET.CH
Sun Nov 12 21:02:00 UTC 2006

Stefan

in my speech therapist practice (my old life... some years
ago.....)... I followed a small boy who completely lost language
(comprehension and production skliis were both lost) after
developping a LandauKleffner syndrom... he was put in the scholl for
the deaf where I used to work to enable him to develop language
skills in SignLanguage... because oral langauges were just impossible...

he recovered very well after a few years... and Signlanguage was a
real help for him during these years

Maybe I can explain more.... you should give me a call on SKYPE....
I could even send you the paper that was published on him if you're
interested.... and you should watch on of the  "SIGNES" TV progamm
for the deaf here in Switzerland... were the whole progamm was
talking about this young man... and another child in France that
happen to have the same problem!

talk of all that soon...

for now I desperatly need to go to bed....

Anny