Order of writing

Stuart Thiessen sw at PASSITONSERVICES.ORG
Mon Nov 20 22:54:46 UTC 2006

I concur with Adam. That is the general process I use also. Sometimes
the facial expression and other non-manuals come when I am working on
the face, and sometimes it comes when I have completed the general sign
and am now adding in the facial expressions and other elements that
modify the sign's meaning. But in general I follow much of the same
pattern.

One change to my style of writing ... before I put the contact symbol
where the contact should be and then put the hand close to the contact
symbol. Valerie corrected that and said that the handshape should be
where the contact occurs and then move the contact symbol as close to
that as possible. Some changes to that general principle seem to be
when the handshape covers the face, then it seems that the contact
symbol is placed where the contact occurs and then the handshape is set
off to the side of the face. Is that a correct summary of the rule,
Valerie? ;-)

Stuart