SignText Video Instruction in Quicktime

Charles Butler chazzer3332000 at YAHOO.COM
Tue Oct 17 00:06:24 UTC 2006

Val and Steve,

  This is great,

  It actually reminds me of the VERY OLD Apple IIe program that I took to NYC to show the Dance conference.  It showed exactly how I showed them changing fingerspelling to signs to specific grammar.

  Yes, we have come a long way, but the root purpose has remained the same.  I am slowly packing to go off to Brazil for the Linguistic conference in Florianopolis.  I will be sure to take LOTS of photos.

  Charles Butler

Steve Slevinski <slevin at signpuddle.net> wrote:
  Hi Val,

That was fun to watch.  Looks good.

-Steve

Valerie Sutton wrote:     SignWriting List
  October 15, 2006

  Dear SW Listers!
  I just posted a new web page as an experiment:

  SignText Video Instruction
  How to Create SignWriting Literature with Video Screen Captures
  http://www.signbank.org/signpuddle/help/SignText01.html

  This video is in QuickTime. I wanted to capture the exact way I create a sentence in SignText.

  First I created a better quality video, but the high quality files were so large, I had to post a lesser-quality version.

  Can anyone see this video and does it help at all, to see how I create a sentence using SignText?

  I hope in time to improve the quality of the video without increasing the size, and also including other video formats. If we can succeed, I could post a series of little video clips showing how to do each action in SignText.

  Please write to tell me if you can see this video at all!

  And also your opinions in general...would future video clips help in this way?

  Many thanks...

  Look forward to hearing from you -