Different finger pos

Sebastian Waschik sebastian.waschik at GMX.DE
Mon Sep 18 14:30:14 UTC 2006

Hello List,

first of all I am a absolute beginner in sign langues.  I try to
understand signwriting a bit.

I looked in IMWA 1.3 at the symbols 01-02-003-01-01-01 and
01-03-004-01-01-01 (included in mail).  Is the a difference between
these symbols other then the thumb?  Or is there a difference between
01-02-003-01-01-01.png and sign.png?  One version is round the other is
not.

If there is no difference: Am I right, that this is the index and the
middle finger not straight (i do not know the right word for the German
"gebeugt").

If there is a difference: A note where this is explained would be nice.
I have looked in Stefand Wörmann's "Handbuch zur Gebärdenschrift" and in
"Sutton's SignSpelling Guidelines 2004" and found no answer.

Greetings from Hamburg
Sebastian Waschik