writng \\

Valerie Sutton signwriting at MAC.COM
Tue Sep 19 14:45:29 UTC 2006

SignWriting List
September 19, 2006

> Ingvild from Norway wrote:
> Could the sign also be written like this? And a suggestion: could
> we have a sign puddle for ongoing discussions - I had to put this
> in the Swiss-French one, and did not feel comfartable about that

Hello Ingvild and Anny -

I like your version of the writing of the sign, Ingvild...I can read
that. Years ago we used to place a plain Nose Line in the center of
the Facial Circle to indicate that the movement happens in front of
the nose, even though the actual arrow is really written to the
side..so your writing is similar to that...

But regarding placing writing choices in different SignPuddles...that
is exactly what I do all the time...the various SignPuddles that are
open to the public are meant to be the forum for discussing how to
write a specific sign from a specific country...they are not formal
published dictionaries...but a place to discuss...

If people would like to purchase a private SignPuddle space just for
their dictionary, that can be done anytime...but to create another
SignPuddle open to the public yet again, is not necessary... since we
already have around 40 of them...it costs us time and money to setup
another SignPuddle...so I think we can use what we have right
now...just put your name down as the source and the editors from that
country can decide what to do...that way if you see a sign from
French-Switzerland which you wish to write, you can place it in their
public SignPuddle for discussion, and it is easier for them to have
it in there rather than have to add it later...it is a blessing
really, that you took the time to write a sign from their country...

When I added my versions to the French-Swiss SignPuddle, I put my
name down as a source so that Anny knew she could throw them out if
she didn't like some of them...

I am creating a new SignWriting Shop where people can pay for a
Private WebPuddle with a credit card in any currency on PayPal...so
in time I believe some groups will choose to have a private one where
no one from the outside can add a sign...but the public ones will
always be free and open...  Val ;-)