Firefox is best for SignText doc creation

Wed Apr 4 03:31:00 UTC 2007

SignWriting List
April 3, 2007

Steve Slevinski wrote:
> I agree that Firefox does offer the best performance for
> SignPuddle, especially with SignMaker and SignText....

SignPuddle 1.5 is an excellent program and it is great that it is
cross-browser and cross-platform...It seems to be quite stable...

But as you say above, Steve, when using SignMaker, which creates the
signs, and when using SignText, which is creating sign documents,
Firefox works best...

It is snappier and easier to create a SignText document using Firefox
on the Mac, than in Safari, which is slower...

Camino on the Mac is faster than Safari too...but for Mac OS X users,
when it comes specifically to using SignMaker and SignText, it makes
sense to use Firefox. And I believe this is true for Windows XP too...

And it is free. Download Firefox for both Mac and Windows at this web
address:

Download Firefox
http://www.mozilla.com/en-US/firefox/

There is really no reason not to use it...

Sutton at SignWriting.org

1. SignWriting
Read & Write Sign Languages
http://www.SignWriting.org

2. SignBank
Create Sign Language Databases
http://www.SignBank.org

3. SignPuddle
Create Sign Language Dictionaries
http://www.SignPuddle.org

4. SignText
Create Sign Language Documents
http://www.SignBank.org/signpuddle/signtext

5. SignWriting List
Technical Support: Ask questions to the List