SignPuddle 1.5 Reference Manual

Valerie Sutton signwriting at MAC.COM
Wed Apr 4 03:56:43 UTC 2007

SignWriting List
April 3, 2007

Hello Everyone -

All teaching methods have a good and bad side!

The good side to video instruction is that no spoken or signed
language is necessary, to show people how to do a computer
task...which means that for people who can see well, it is an
excellent way to learn...And then later, no translation is necessary
into other languages too. Plus it is very fast for me to create the
video clips...quite easy actually...

So that is why I created 32 Instruction Videos showing how I work
with SignPuddle 1.5:

SignPuddle 1.5 Video Instruction
http://www.signbank.org/signpuddle/help/SignPuddle15/

And I hope you all have watched them if you can...

The bad side to video instruction is that for the Blind, and Deaf-
Blind, the videos are impossible to view...but if I understand it
correctly, written books are usable by the Blind in different ways...

So I was just informed by one of our list members who is Deaf-Blind,
that the Video Instruction has left them without a Reference Manual
to read!

So I will write a Reference Manual for SignPuddle 1.5 in the next few
weeks...it will be similar to the SignText Reference Manual
1.0...just adjusted for the new features in SignPuddle 1.5...so it
should not be too much work...

I will inform you all when it is ready...smile...

Meanwhile, if you all ask questions to the List, that might help you
get started even without a manual...