several signs for one word

Valerie Sutton signwriting at MAC.COM
Fri Apr 6 23:05:27 UTC 2007

SignWriting List
April 6, 2007

Hi Anny and Adam -
Good discussion, and Adam explained it well.

SignPuddle 1.5 is more flexible. It is not forcing us to have the _2
like before...

This means that if you have a special dictionary, you can choose your
way for example, you could include within the very name of the sign,
a number, if you really felt you had to have that...like hello (1)
and  hello (2).

When I first started with SignPuddle 1.5 that is what I did, until I
found out that confused the translation program, and that hello (1)
would be considered a different sign than hello (2)..to the point
where the searches would have to be different...

So I finally decided I preferred not to give any number and let the
signs list when you search for them...take a look at this
diagram...notice how the sign for GRIEF has two different signs
(scroll down), but I was able to search once for the English word
GRIEF and find both of them listed in a list...you just have to
remember to scroll down to see them all listed there...