sw-l-digest V1 #2306

GerardM gerard.meijssen at GMAIL.COM
Sun Apr 29 15:06:06 UTC 2007

Hoi,
I am aware that we have in OmegaWiki portals for most scripts that are in
ISO-15924. We have a portal for SignWriting as well :) This does not
necessarily mean that we have content in all these scripts.

When we want to have SignWriting supported in the MediaWiki software there
are one of two things that need doing. One is getting UNICODE support (and
have MediaWiki consider vertical scripts). The other is to use SignPuddle as
an external editor, have the created content saved as XML and have an engine
to display the text in MediaWiki. This does mean that we have to get the
MediaWiki mark up in as well to get things like wiki links..

All of these are complicated but doable given that computers are
increasingly good at this. It just takes a developer to get the bits and
bobs in place.

On a different note, one of the big headaches for me is that fonts are not
supported to the extend that you can see the characters of an Expression
properly. Computers do not have all the fonts that they need to display all
content.

Thanks,
    GerardM

http://www.omegawiki.org/Scripts