sw-l-digest V1 #2305

GerardM gerard.meijssen at GMAIL.COM
Sun Apr 29 12:56:23 UTC 2007

Hoi,
I do appreciate this. When you look at
http://www.omegawiki.org/Portal:nldthe portal for the Dutch language,
you will find Babel templates going from
Native to a level 1 in Dutch. http://www.omegawiki.org/Portal:hye is for the
Armenian language and, it is in the appropriate script.

For sign languages I cannot at present include the Babel text in SignWriting
because of technical problems. It is for this reason that I ask you to
create a text in another language. You would write the Babel templates for
"aen" or Armenian Sign Language in Armenian because that is most appropriate
given that OmegaWiki (and MediaWiki) do not support SignWriting at this
moment in time.

Given that SignWriting is a top down written language, the question arises
on how to include this in a Babel template that is currently very much
horizontally oriented.

Thanks,
     GerardM