Writing Number 16 in ASL

Stuart Thiessen sw at PASSITONSERVICES.ORG
Wed Aug 22 19:36:46 UTC 2007

Well, alternatively, we can do what many other languages do and just
use regular numbers for the numbers themselves (page numbers, etc.)
and consider the signed numbers to be the "name" of the number. For
example, in Thailand, they use regular arabic numbering like we do
here in the US. But they also have their own number symbols that they
use for themselves. I learned that sometimes they will list prices in
both arabic numbers and Thai numbers, but the prices could be totally
different (as in cheaper for the Thai reader ;-)).

So numbering itself is an interesting issue. :)

Stuart