Writing Number 16 in ASL

Valerie Sutton signwriting at MAC.COM
Wed Aug 22 19:42:52 UTC 2007

notice that the Thai do have a way to write it either way...so we
still need to have a way to write page numbers in ASL, even if some
layout artists designing books won't always use the page numbers that
way...I do both depending on the document...

Writing page numbers in ASL on one side of the page, and the same
page number in English (arabic numerals) on the other side of the
page, is a useful tool for teaching the quick reading of SignWriting
symbols...

I have found page numbers in SignWriting very important for teaching
fast reading techniques...it is subtle and most students don't
realize they are learning to read fast because of the page numbers...

same with small look-up signs in dictionaries published with SignBank...

Val ;-)

-------

SW-L at majordomo.valenciacc.edu

List Archives and Help