Matthew 24:13

K.J. Boal kjoanne403 at HOTMAIL.COM
Wed Feb 14 02:51:47 UTC 2007

I agree Charles, that's what I like to do too.  Usually if a sign is
performed beside the head, I put in the head for both placement and
expression; if the sign is performed in neutral space but I need facial
expression, I place the hands distinctly below the head.

I agree with you on the sign for endure as well; though I think I would
prefer a single open-headed arrow for this sign; attached is how I would
write it. . . Val, would it be wrong to write it this way?  As I understand
it, the open-headed arrow means "both hands move as one unit"; I kind of
take that to mean that if the hands (or fingers or thumbs) aren't touching,
I should use two arrows but if there is contact, I can use the one arrow.
Am I wrong?  Does the contact have to include more of the hand than just the
tips of the thumbs?

KJ

>From: "Charles Butler" <chazzer3332000 at yahoo.com>
>To: sw-l at majordomo.valenciacc.edu
>Subject: Re: [sw-l] Matthew 24:13
>Date: Tue, 13 Feb 2007 15:22:42 -0800 (PST)
>
>My general rule of thumb is to place any arrow above or below to the hand
>it applies to when possible.  With a head pictured for facial expressions
>it sometimes becomes difficult to tell if the head is for placement or for
>expression.
>
>   The sign for endure is a challenge, but if I were to use a single arrow,
>it would be between the two hands, not out to the side.  Is there a lesson
>that talks about that Valerie?
>
>   Charles
>
>Valerie Sutton <signwriting at MAC.COM> wrote:
>   My writing is on the right in the attached...

Find out the restaurants participating in Winterlicious
http://local.live.com/default.aspx?v=2&cp=43.658648~-79.383962&style=r&lvl=15&tilt=-90&dir=0&alt=-1000&scene=3702663&cid=7ABE80D1746919B4!1329