transcribing from video

Kimberley Shaw skifoot at GMAIL.COM
Tue Jan 2 01:24:17 UTC 2007

Hello Stefan:
Thank you for your empathy! I knew that people had done transcriptions
from VHS, and I have a bit better picture now of how it was possible
(although not easy).
My purpose with this particular transcription (which is handwritten,
no glossary) is so that I can put the two versions Lentz created of
her poem side by side, and directly compare the differences between
them.
And with the ASL knowledge I have already, it does make it easier to
know which motions and expressions need to be transcribed, and which
don't.
Best,
Kim from Boston