AW: AW: [sw-l] SW Handwriting Course Schedule Jan 2007

Thu Jan 4 11:51:47 UTC 2007

Good morning Shane, Adam, Charles -

thanks for this lesson - perhaps I will try to write an animated chicken
doing his job at best as possible - just as chickens do!

Stefan :-)

-----Ursprüngliche Nachricht-----
Von: owner-sw-l at majordomo.valenciacc.edu
[mailto:owner-sw-l at majordomo.valenciacc.edu] Im Auftrag von Shane Gilchrist
O hEorpa
Gesendet: Donnerstag, 4. Januar 2007 12:14
An: sw-l at majordomo.valenciacc.edu
Betreff: Re: AW: [sw-l] SW Handwriting Course Schedule Jan 2007

Stef,

'chicken scratching' is meant to be jokey/sarcastic - it means a 'poor
attempt' - for instance if one doesnt write very well, say like a
doctor's writing, Americans would say 'that's a chicken scratching'!

Some deafies in the US would say 'oh my god, he do have chicken scratching
ASL!'

The phrase is chiefly limited to the US as its not popular in Ireland
and the UK.

Shane