AW: [sw-l] baa baa black sheep

Mon Jan 29 21:03:05 UTC 2007

Hi Cherie,

thanks for sharing this one –

It is fun to read SW-documents written by others because this is a wonderful
opportunity to become attentive to the own style of writing –

Looking at your spelling I would suggest one tiny variation – in order to
inform the reader about the endposition of the hands in your sign for “full”
–

palms up or down? If palms up – everything is fine – if palms down perhaps
you want to add a second pair of hands – indicating the different hand
orientation?

Stefan ;-)

One other comment –

I see that you prefer to use double stemmed arrows as well for movements
that go directly to the right or to the left.

This is correct and everybody can understand that perfectly – smile!

During some years of writing I personally prefer the single stemmed arrows
to indicate these movements – why? Well any stroke that is not needed seems
to make it easier to analyze the sign at hig speed. Just compare the two
styles and ask yourself – if there are both options – does it make sense not
to add too many lines if they are not needed ? Just an idea – no criticism

  _____