Blogging about Cat-In-The-Hat ;-)

Valerie Sutton signwriting at MAC.COM
Thu Jul 5 19:27:45 UTC 2007

SignWriting List
July 5, 2007

On Jul 5, 2007, at 11:52 AM, GerardM wrote:
> Hoi,
> Is there somewhere a you-tube or something video of this cat .. I
> would love to see it .. it you take the trouble pointing me to a
> video, I will blog about it :) I have an idea of what the
> contortions of this cat could look like but thinking of them in
> sign language .. seems like really good fun :)
> Thanks,
>     GerardM

Hi Gerard!
We do have a videotape, but not on a public web site like youtube
yet, because we are waiting for permission from the Seuss Foundation
to post it publicly. We have written permission from them to post the
written document in SignWriting, but not the video. I wrote to them
about this two days ago, so it may take some time before we know...

So if I write to you privately and give you the link for your own
personal viewing, can you still blog about it? I would prefer that
you do not give the link out to the general public yet, until we get
permission...

But you can refer your bloggers to the written document in
SignWriting....

1. Go to the ASL Literature Puddle
http://www.signbank.org/SignPuddle1.5/index.php?ui=1&sgn=5

and search for: Cat in the Hat

to find all the documents...

It is a wonderful story for sure and Cherie's video and writing is a
lot of fun!