Existing lessons teaching Rotation & Wrist Flexes

Valerie Sutton signwriting at MAC.COM
Sat Jul 7 19:28:56 UTC 2007

SignWriting List
July 7, 2007

On Jul 7, 2007, at 10:45 AM, K.J. Boal wrote:
> I'm glad there was this discussion, even if I got into it a little
> late!   If we can hammer out exactly how to explain these symbols,
> there might be fewer misunderstandings by new SignWriters.
> KJ

Hello Kelly Jo!
New visual instruction, with very few words, and mostly
illustrations, will help.

Meanwhile, have you read all the published descriptions of these
symbols?

Here are the instruction pages from various textbooks already
published on SignWriting, plus eLessons on the subject. I know they
are dry to read, but if you really read the pages carefully again and
again, I believe they will become clearer.

1. SignoEscritura Textbook
Chapters 8-11
http://www.signwriting.org/spain/lecciones/

------

2. Lessons in SignWriting Textbook
Chapter 8: Axial Movement
http://www.signwriting.org/lessons/lessonsw/lessonsweb.html

If you read the second paragraph on the first page in the Axial
Movement chapter, you see that the symbols "stay in one place".

-------

3. Stefan's Book "The SignWriting Handbook"
Not online, but it can be purchased:
http://www.signwriting.org/shop/shop03.html

-------

4. SignWriting eLessons Online
Rotation Symbols are discussed on these web pages from the eLessons:
http://www.signwriting.org/lessons/elessons/less011.html
http://www.signwriting.org/lessons/elessons/less012.html
http://www.signwriting.org/lessons/elessons/less013.html
http://www.signwriting.org/lessons/elessons/less014.html