Thailand and Austrian SignPuddle Dictionaries now posted

Valerie Sutton signwriting at MAC.COM
Mon Jun 4 17:47:34 UTC 2007

SignWriting List
June 4, 2007

Hello Stefan!
Of course you are absolutely correct that navigation needs to be
improved, since each country in time will all have three SignPuddles:

Dictionary
Literature
Encyclopedia

And there are 50 countries!

So that is a lot of files. Both Steve and I realize this fact...It
has been overwhelming for us too...but we are working on it...

The page you mention on the SignWriting site, about Who Uses
SignWriting?, is just an html page that I designed...It doesn't
involve special programming from Steve:

Who Uses SignWriting?
http://www.SignWriting.org/about/who

The opening directory page for SignPuddle 1.5 is also done by me, so
I can change that and maybe you can help me improve this web page:

SignPuddle 1.5 Directory
http://www.SignBank.org/signpuddle

Steve is still programming SignText for SignPuddle 1.5...and I am
still struggling with the User Interfaces...

If you are right-clicking on a flag on a SignPuddle 1.5 page, that
has been programmed by Steve and I cannot change how that mouse-work
functions...the flags have a certain number related to the file they
belong to and that is programmed by Steve and is not something I can
change...

BUT I can change the look of the icon...I am the person creating the
icons themselves, from an artistic point of view...So I could put the
country code on each flag's icon if you want...I will try to do one
to see what you think...

Of course I would love your help and feedback, so in the next
message... I will start a new message entitled ...Navigating in
SignPuddle 1.5...

Maybe we can improve SignPuddle design together...

So glad you wrote Stefan...we can always use your help...

By the way...I assume you have seen these files for Germany?...If
not, I am so sorry I did not mention them to you!

German SignPuddle Directory
http://www.signbank.org/signpuddle/index.html#sgn-DE

So look for the next message -

Val ;-)