Contact symbol put where? :-)

Valerie Sutton signwriting at MAC.COM
Tue May 1 03:09:38 UTC 2007

SignWriting List
April 30, 2007

On Apr 30, 2007, at 7:53 PM, Adam Frost wrote:
> Hmm... I was looking at others of my writing, and it looks as
> though the rule that I said is not what I do. So I thought about it
> hard. (Made a few people around me wonder what was wrong. Ha!)
> Maybe it is that I place the contact under the handshape unless
> there is a symbol already under (ie Stuart's sign name or table).
> So Val, with your question I would choose the contacts under. Not
> on the side. Glad that we are having the discussion. :-)

ha! Well, Adam, actually I understand what is going on here...

There is no question that your original rule makes perfect sense
related to the Position of Contact, when there are ARROWS relating to
the contact symbols, like this...and when the contact stars are
stacked to the side...(continued below)...