Sleeping Beauty page 8

Adam Frost adam at FROSTVILLAGE.COM
Thu May 3 05:50:29 UTC 2007

Before I make my comments on this, I can see your writing skills improving
vastly. It is very exciting to see your writing. :-)

The very first sign, I am guessing, was hard for you to see what she was
doing because my trained video eyes saw something different than what you
wrote (although it is very close for lack of clarity). :-) She is spelling
out SO. At first, I thought that she was doing it with both hands, but it
turns out that her non-dominate hand is just up in a relaxed position. I
don't know if she is prepping for the next sign, or if she was going to sign
something else and changed it at last minute. (To be honest, I don't know if
Darlene would be able to tell you if we asked her right now. Ha!) But that
is what she is doing here in the video.

Now, you mentioned about that the sign for "fairy" was giving you problems.
First off, you picked the right symbols. However, I need to correct you just
like I have needed to correct others before. There is no "right and left"
handshapes. All of the palm facings are possible for both the left and right
hand. There are just less commonly used palm facing for the right hand while
more for the left, and visa versa. Now about the writing. The initial
handshape for "fairy" should be rotated a little in to match the video
(although it is very minor). More importantly is that the rotation arrows
should be changed. You have it so that the hands are moving as if you would
be signing "open-door" which is VERY hard to do here. :-) It should be the
rotation that would be used for signing "open-door-out."

The sign after "fairy" has a brow raise in the video followed by a pause.

I saw the facial expression and the sign in the last column as one sign.

Just some of my comments on this part that you have done. :-)

Adam