SVG version of our IMWA symbols

CWren at DOE.K12.GA.US CWren at DOE.K12.GA.US
Tue May 15 20:37:59 UTC 2007

If you have a face with eyebrows down, nose wrinkled and mouth 'ooo'ing,
you don't have enough room.  I have run into this several times.

---------------------------------
Cherie Wren
GSD Staff Interpreter
232 Perry Farm Rd
Cave Spring, GA 30124
706-777-2328
706-766-0766 Cell

This message and any included attachments are from the Georgia School for
the Deaf and are intended only for the addressee(s). The information
contained herein may include privileged or otherwise confidential
information. If you have received this message in error, please contact
the sender immediately, and delete it from your system.

"Sandy Fleming" <sandy at scotstext.org>
Sent by: owner-sw-l at majordomo.valenciacc.edu
05/15/2007 02:32 PM
Please respond to
sw-l at majordomo.valenciacc.edu

cc

Subject
Re: [sw-l] SVG version of our IMWA symbols

On Sat, 2007-05-12 at 10:45 -0700, Valerie Sutton wrote:

> I do not believe we will ever have a Facial Circle large enough to
> accomodate all the parts of the face at one time...but there may be
> solutions we can work on...

Val,

Can you give us an example of a face that has too many "features" to get
them inside the facial circle at one time? I can't really think of any
that would actually represent a real face. I mean, if I puff my cheek
out while signing, say, then my mouth gives no meaningful expression (eg
I can't smile "meaningfully" at the same time), so I can't think of an
example where the face would really get too busy.

Sandy