Copyrights already owned by CSMW...not by Val Sutton ;-)

Valerie Sutton signwriting at MAC.COM
Mon May 28 21:25:16 UTC 2007

SignWriting List
May 28, 2007

On May 28, 2007, at 2:07 PM, GerardM wrote:
> One thing that Valerie can do is transfer the copyright to the
> "Center for Sutton Movement Writing Inc." or to the DAC.

Thank you, Gerard, for your message!

Just for clarification...

SignWriting copyrights and Sutton Movement Writing copyrights, and
all our trademarks too, are all held by the Center for Sutton
Movement Writing Inc (CSMW)...not by Valerie Sutton personally...

CSMW is a non-profit organization founded for educational purposes in
1974...and the Deaf Action Committee for SignWriting (DAC) is an arm
of CSMW. CSMW raises the funds through our non-profit status, to help
fund DAC publications for printing and preparation.

For example, if you look at the bottom of our web site...http://
www.SignWriting.org....where it states all the copyrights for the web
sites and for the trademarks...you can see nothing is copyrighted to
Valerie Sutton personally.

Just thought you should know that Valerie Sutton does not hold the
copyrights....CSMW does and has for some 25 years or so....

Here is the information at the bottom of the SignWriting Site, http://
www.SignWriting.org

--------

SignWriting Web Site, First Posting, September, 1996
Copyright © 1996, 1997, 1998, 1999, 2000, 2001, 2002, 2003, 2004,
2005, 2006 & 2007 by the Center For Sutton Movement Writing.

Published by:
The DAC, Deaf Action Committee For SignWriting®
sponsored by the Center For Sutton Movement Writing, Inc.
a USA nonprofit, tax-exempt educational membership organization, P.O.
Box 517, La Jolla, CA, 92038, USA
tel: 858-456-0098, fax: 858-456-0020, videophone: 66.27.57.178

--------

and way below that...you will find information about our trademarks,
all held by the Center For Sutton Movement Writing....

"SignWriting®", "SignWriter®", "SignBank®", "Sign-Symbol-Sequence®"
and "DanceWriting®" are registered trademarks belonging to the Center
For Sutton Movement Writing, Inc.