SVG and Unicode

Tue May 1 13:52:02 UTC 2007

Hi Stuart,

I'm sure the IMWA can be formatted to save space.  I've squeezed all of
the IMWA symbols into 450 files for SignPuddle 1.5 and the pocketpuddle.

Part of the Unicode process should be to get an entire Unicode platter
of 56 thousand symbol markers for MovementWriting rather than the
existing 256 for SignWriting.  A committee has decided that new platters
would not be opened until the existing platters were filled first.
Either sign languages in general, or movement writing specifically needs
to have a new platter opened and assigned.  This would be news!

Movement Writing has symbol sets for Ax Chopping and skateboarding as
well as dance.  We'll need symbol extension pack and subsets for the IMWA.

Sounds like an interesting project.

For what it's worth,
-Steve