Signs Found

K.J. Boal kjoanne403 at HOTMAIL.COM
Thu May 10 03:35:27 UTC 2007

I know... but I think there have been a lot of developments in ASL over the
past 20 years or so... case in point, the Sleeping Beauty videos!  I've been
surprised a few times at how English Darline's signing can be.  But the
other thing I keep thinking is, "Oh yeah... I remember I used to sign that
way when I was a kid," and that was in the '80s, about the same time this
video was recorded.

Still, it's not the '80s (or the '20s!) anymore... I think a number of
initialized signs that were originally part of ASL have now been adopted by
SEE and rejected by the ASL community.  Language changes! :-)

KJ