AW: {Quarantine} [sw-l] Birthday Party Page 4

Adam Frost icemandeaf at GMAIL.COM
Fri Nov 2 14:50:58 UTC 2007

I'm not sure what you are saying, but this sign comes from the pantomime eating ice cream inside an ice cream cone. I wrote it the way I did because the hand is more parallel to the wal than the floor. I checked my writing with other writing I have and they all have it the same way. So, I am curious what you were thinking of because I can't figure it out.

Adam

-----Original Message-----
From: "Stefan Wöhrmann"
	<stefanwoehrmann at gebaerdenschrift.de>

Date: Fri, 2 Nov 2007 09:23:01
To:adam at frostvillage.com,       "'SignWriting List'" <sw-l at majordomo.valenciacc.edu>
Subject: AW: {Quarantine} [sw-l] Birthday Party Page 4

[sw-l] Birthday Party Page 4

Hi Adam I saw that you changed Kellys spelling of icecream – hm – I would rather hold it upside otherwise you risk to let it fall to the ground - ??

Kelly – rereading your documents I understood first you hold the ice cream same position as Adam – parallel to the floor. Then you changed to a vertical position – which should be in the interesest of an icecream – fan. ;-)

Of course it is somehow a question of everyday writing versus detailed writing – perhaps there can me measured a diagonal level ...and some signs become standards if you read and write them again and again the same way – (smile) -  I guess icecream belongs to one of these...But nevertheless it is interesting to me to understand the difference –

Long ago Valerie explained: Open the fist and look at the flat hand – parallel to the wall or parallel to the floor. Now you know wether you would like to write the fist with a gap or not. Same with the ice-cream hand.

I got interested in your sign of cake – written up – touch up  instead of down touch down touch end. –

Stefan ;-)