Supporting Deaf People online conference

Gblpbl at AOL.COM Gblpbl at AOL.COM
Thu Nov 29 13:03:58 UTC 2007

Dear Judith,
    I am currently working in Lima,  Peru....volunteering for a deaf advocacy
program. As I write, this program is  trying to spearhead a
bilingual/bicultural school (amid mostly oral deaf schools  and a state mandate for inclusion
for all special needs kids into local schools  by 2012.)
    They are advocating for deaf teachers....yet  universities here won't
even accept deaf students. They are advocating for  interpreter
training...because there is none down here.

I am trying to get information to the people, deaf and hearing, who are
trying to make life better for deaf people in Peru. So...I think the online
conference about the Bilingual/bicultural schools in Norway would be of
interest...and possibly other workshops as well.

My question, how does the communication work for these conferences? Are
these at all international? Would deaf and hearing folks from Peru be able to
access these?

Thanks for your response,
Polly

products.