Supporting Deaf People online conference

Judith Mole judithm at DIRECTLEARN.CO.UK
Thu Nov 29 15:53:48 UTC 2007

Hi Polly,

The conferences are indeed international. We usually have delegates
from around 20 countries from 5 continents. There is usually a mix of
deaf and hearing people.

The medium of the conference is text, although there may be some
presentations on signed on video (with transcript) or Powerpoint
presentation (with speaker notes). The conference language is English.

Hope this helps and hope you can join us at the conference.  Please
get back to me if you need more information.

Judith

At 16:35 29/11/2007, you wrote:
>Dear Judith,
>     I am currently working in Lima, Peru....volunteering for a deaf
> advocacy program. As I write, this program is trying to spearhead a
> bilingual/bicultural school (amid mostly oral deaf schools and a
> state mandate for inclusion for all special needs kids into local
> schools by 2012.)
>     They are advocating for deaf teachers....yet universities here
> won't even accept deaf students. They are advocating for
> interpreter training...because there is none down here.
>
>I am trying to get information to the people, deaf and hearing, who
>are trying to make life better for deaf people in Peru. So...I think
>the online conference about the Bilingual/bicultural schools in
>Norway would be of interest...and possibly other workshops as well.
>
>My question, how does the communication work for these conferences?
>Are these at all international? Would deaf and hearing folks from
>Peru be able to access these?
>
>Thanks for your response,
>Polly

Judith Mole
Direct Learn Services Ltd.
Company no: 04268722

Book now for the fifth Supporting Deaf People online conference at:
http://www.online-conference.net/sdp2008/introduction.htm

http://www.online-conference.net : online conferencing
http://www.directlearn.co.uk/ : general information
Tel. +44 161 408 3860