Creating Large Documents in DocumentMaker

Valerie Sutton signwriting at MAC.COM
Sat Oct 20 17:12:03 UTC 2007

SignWriting List
October 20, 2007

Dear SW Listers -
I just received a great phone call from Ingvild in Norway (thank you
for the call, Ingvild!) and we started discussing creating large
SignWriting documents with DocumentMaker software...

DocumentMaker is a program that at the moment, is housed inside of
SignBank. We plan to make DocumentMaker a separate program in its own
right, that fully coordinates with SignPuddle.

Right now, I am testing the current DocumentMaker (inside SignBank)
by creating our first really large document in it...it is the Gospel
According to John in ASL, Romero Translation...and the book has
around 171 pages right now...we keep editing and making changes to
the document, and it is a huge job as always...no matter what program
a person uses...but I think DocumentMaker has the potential in the
future to become a very easy program to use...it needs to be
separated from SignBank so it can stand alone, and it needs to have
some more choices for new layout formats etc...

Today I am completing the re-edited version of just John Chapter
1...I hope to post that first chapter as an example of a document
created with DocumentMaker..it is around 30 to 40 pages...

I promised Ingvild that I will teach more techniques with
DocumentMaker. I hope to start these lessons directly after posting
John Chapter 1, sometime in the next few days...

So thanks for using DocumentMaker, Ingvild!

I appreciate your feedback...

SW-L at majordomo.valenciacc.edu

List Archives and Help