White on black for Deaf-Blind

Valerie Sutton signwriting at MAC.COM
Tue Oct 30 19:11:38 UTC 2007

On Oct 30, 2007, at 12:00 PM, K.J. Boal wrote:
> I'm not blind, but I always prefer light printing on a dark
> background myself, when possible.  I like the look of that screen
> capture, Val!
> KJ

Of course the Windows operating systems can reverse the screen on the
desktop, but individual programs all have to be programmed specially
to be reversed too, and that is where the Mac is superior...because
with no programming necessary, everything reverses on the
Mac...inside all programs as well...

The Macintosh screen reversed in that way is so amazingly
beautiful...it is like a negative with color touches...quite amazing
to work with it...and yes, sighted people benefit from the reversed
screen too...I am starting to use it now when my eyes are tired...

For those who already own a Mac, go to System Preferences and click
on Universal Access. or....here is a keystroke: Control-Option-
Command-8....that toggles your screen and all programs to white on
black and back again to black on white...

Now that the new Mac operating system, Leopard, has just been
released, it apparently has new features for accessibility that are
awesome...I have not changed over to the new Mac Leopard operating
system yet, but I plan to, and I look forward to their new features
for tired eyes...

SW-L at majordomo.valenciacc.edu

List Archives and Help