tongue movement

Valerie Sutton dac at SIGNWRITING.ORG
Sun Sep 16 15:03:06 UTC 2007

SignWriting List
September 16, 2007

> Stefan Wöhrmann wrote:
> just for fun I think for a solution for a problem. In DGS there are
> some signs with the tungue brushing several times against the cheek
> ( - ha: inside the mouth. What would it look like to describe this
> movement in SignWriting. In orde not to open a can of worms – I
> would be happy if I had any idea how to write that by hand and
> lateron I could create a TT-Font. Attached you find my idea of how
> it looks like if the tongue mooves smoothly from the first position
> “Center & In” to the next position “tip of tongue touches side” to
> the last position “tongue pushing aginst cheek”. I am looking for a
> spelling showing this movement-sequence 2 to 3 times.

Good Sunday to all of you!

And thank you, Stefan, for your question above...

This is easily written in SignWriting. Tiny contact symbols, such as
Strike, Brush, Rub etc are combined with tiny arrows inside the
Facial Circle. Some of these commonly used movements are already in
SignPuddle, such as these: