AW: [sw-l] tongue movement

Mon Sep 17 17:15:38 UTC 2007

Hi Val and listmembers,

I spent some time on "designing" this symbol -

tongue brushes two times along the cheek - while the mouth is open.

We use this in German SignLanguage as an indicator that what I am signing
now is not true - so if some people in the audience did not keep that in
mind they will be very astonished ... smile

Stefan ;-)

-----Ursprüngliche Nachricht-----
Von: sw-l-bounces at majordomo.valenciacc.edu
[mailto:sw-l-bounces at majordomo.valenciacc.edu] Im Auftrag von Valerie Sutton
Gesendet: Sonntag, 16. September 2007 18:31
An: SignWriting List
Betreff: Re: [sw-l] tongue movement

SignWriting List
September 16, 2007

Dear SW List, Stefan and Marisa -

Here are my attempts to show you possible ways of writing this
movement...I am sure there are other choices as well...

The same symbols that we use to write larger movements of the arms
and hands, are simply made smaller and placed inside or near the
Facial Circle. It is important to make the symbols very tiny, so they
are not confused with the larger arrows for arm and hand movement...

So Stefan, I hope you will re-post the message from googlemail that
we did not see today...I could not see it either...I only know that
it bounced...so please post that again from your other email
account...I look forward to reading that message...

and here are my attempts...see attached...

By the way, when the Tension Symbol is combined with a Touch Contact
Star...that means "pressing" or "pushing"...so that is why you see a
Tension plus Touch in one of the examples attached...because the idea
is that it is pressing three times into the cheek...

There are other movement symbols that I use inside the face
too...like curved arrows for eyegaze that curves etc...

Have a great Sunday!