slevin at signpuddle.net

Stuart Thiessen thiessenstuart at AOL.COM
Wed Apr 16 17:30:37 UTC 2008

It is important to check how the language actually "pronounces" numbers. For example, in ASL, my observations on years is 2000 is usually signed 2-0-0-0. All years through 2009 follow the same pattern, but 2010 will likely be signed 20-10. So, numbering and year numbers may not always sync.

So to make it natural, there will be the need to see how the languauge normally says dates. The shorthand versions will likely follow hearing conventions.

Other sign languages may have other perspectives.

Stuart
Stuart Thiessen
Voice: 800-919-8853
SVP-Home: 515-633-8774