Group descriptions

Charles Butler chazzer3332000 at YAHOO.COM
Thu Aug 21 14:02:01 UTC 2008

I believe that Marianne Stumpf translated most of these terms when she translated "SignWriting for Everyday Use" into Portuguese.  She at least translated the handshapes used in LIBRAS.

Charles Butler

Ingvild Roald <iroald at hotmail.com> wrote:    .hmmessage P { margin:0px; padding:0px } body.hmmessage { FONT-SIZE: 10pt; FONT-FAMILY:Tahoma }   Such descriptions would be useful. Then may there be a option for us to translate the descriptions into other languages than English?  We of other countries would do his work, of course

Ingvild

---------------------------------
Date: Wed, 20 Aug 2008 18:13:39 +0200
From: duncanjonathan at yahoo.ca
To: sw-l at majordomo.valenciacc.edu
Subject: [sw-l] Group descriptions

       Hi Val,
     I was wondering if the descriptions for the groups in the ISWA-2008 are available anywhere on the website yet.  I have been looking for it but only found
 http://www.signbank.org/signpuddle/swis/data.php?subset=&bs_code=* but it doesn't have the descriptions and  http://www.signwriting.org/video/lessons/iswa/group01/ but it isn´t complete for all of the groups in the ISWA just the first ones.

 I am looking for something like
 01-01-001-01  Index Tight Fist
 01-01-002-01 Index Open Fist
 01-01-003-01 Index Cup Base

 But for all of the groups.

 I understand that you are still putting the last touches to the ISWA and want to let you know that I am very grateful for all the hard work you and Steve have put into the symbols,  I was looking at them the other day as I imported the ones that had come with the SWIS into my program and I like them a lot better than the IMWA.  I'm that they will contribute to easier reading.

 If there is anything I can do to help with getting the group descriptions together, let me know.

 Jonathan

SW-L at majordomo.valenciacc.edu

List Archives and Help