Animated GIFs of ISWA Hands, Group 1, 2 and 3...

Valerie Sutton signwriting at MAC.COM
Tue Dec 2 16:19:32 UTC 2008

SignWriting List
December 2, 2008

Hello Andre!
Your question is a good one!

I can certainly read your writing of Alligator, which is in my
attached diagram (yours is pasted to the right)...but technically your
writing has the hands directed to the side...the side view, like the
hand in Hamburger that you mention, can show the fingers directed up
much better - you are right about that! But in my example, I was
writing it with the hands directed forward...so it is a difference
between the hands directed to the side wall, or directed straight
forward...we do not have an animated GIF for this handshape yet, or I
could show you better...

Please see attached diagram...