hand shapes and "new" or "old" spellingrules

Charles Butler chazzer3332000 at YAHOO.COM
Wed Dec 3 05:45:09 UTC 2008

Valerie can read my writing, it's clear, it may violate the "center line" rules, but it is clear enough.  I write what I see, and that is sufficient for me.  No one will mistake it and sign it wrong.  I try to be careful, and consistent.

I use Sign Writing as close to photographic as possible.  There should be, for me, one way to write every hand shape, and one way only.  It should be as close as possible to a photograph of my hand reduced to basic lines.

I follow the Parkhurst thumb rule wherever possible.

Charles Butler