Appreciating the cochlear implant

KJ kjoanne403 at SIGNWRITING.ORG
Sun Dec 7 05:24:56 UTC 2008

I don't think anyone can give an unbiased opinion about cochlear implants!

KJ

.  ----- Original Message -----
  From: Adam Frost
  To: SignWriting List
  Sent: Saturday, December 06, 2008 1:31 PM
  Subject: Re: [sw-l] Appreciating the cochlear implant

  Well, I don't know how much help I can be with providing neutral, factual information as I am biased being a Deaf person strongly imbedded in the Deaf World and still very successful in the Hearing World such that getting a cochlear would be unneeded. I can tell you this much that I know that besides all of that, I am ill candidate for a cochlear because my deafness is as a result of auditory nerves that never developed correctly. I do have to agree that many people get very passionate about this topic. Not really much can be done about it and is expected when something seems to destroy a way of life. I know that hearing aids were viewed with the same passion when they first came out.

  Adam